Friday, December 5, 2014

Evan Almighty
[Evan Baxter (Steve Carell), a new politician,  has just come to the realization that God (Morgan Freeman) has in fact asked him to build an ark.]
Has this ever happened to you?  Has God appeared to you and asked you to build an ark, or maybe something of a Divine Task?  Well He has never done this for me the way that He has done it for Evan in this clip, but He does speak and ask things of us.  How often are we like Evan and asking why me?  You are a unique combination of talents, desires, and faults.  But the beautiful combination of who you are is what makes you exactly the kind of person that God could use for a particular task.  He chose Evan, who made his campaign slogan "we can change the world," because God likes that campaign.  He has an idea or two for the world.  

Do you ever look at your circumstances and think I hate this, and God must hate me because He put me in this situation?  I know I do plenty of times.  God in the clip responds wonderfully though to why He does what He does "because I love you."  We are not made to be content, and happy all the time, their will be times of pain and sorrow (especially given the call of what it is to be a Christian "pick up your cross...").  All these experiences, moments, are given to us for our good and maturation as human beings.  We are meant to grow closer to Him through every circumstance. 

No comments:

Post a Comment