Friday, December 12, 2014

Goal! The Dream Begins
[Santiago Munez (Kuno Becker) is an up-in-coming player for Newcastle United footballer.  The head coach has a word with him after seeing a play.]
Isn't this the story that all pro teams need to be taught?  The ball/puck can travel faster than you.  It points out though one of the oldest lessons that is so important for us to learn in the western world, that the team is more important than the individual.  Now I am not saying that a single person does not matter, but if the person is not looking out for others then there will be no team.  It takes people out on the pitch working together to be able to accomplish the goal (pun intended!).

In our culture in the west we have a great emphasis on the self, and that is good, but it tends to create a neurosis.  We tend to think that the world is about me, and it ain't. I have to come to recognize that their our people on this planet, and that at times they need my help.  I need to look at the human race at my team mates, the people who help me accomplish winning the best and greatest game there is, life. Without them I will not succeed in my endeavors.  As much as people love to think that there are solitary and need nobody or nothing, they only need start thinking about all the things that allow them to be in their nice comfortable world.  May you be challenged today to act on behalf of somebody on your team, pass the ball. 

No comments:

Post a Comment