Friday, April 10, 2015

Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves
[Robin Hood (Kevin Costner) is stirring the outlaws to fight against an unjust and unrightful ruler, the Sheriff.  They had been bickering about everything that the Sheriff had been doing to them.]
In light of the Resurrection that we celebrated in the Church, I thought it would be fitting to talk about Evangelization.  Robin Hood is the Christ-figure that has come to remind people that they are free.  We are made to live a life full of joy.  Yes it will be hard and at times it may very well cost our lives, but if we truly believe in our hearts that we are free than our cause does not end with us.  That is the beauty of the message that Robin gives is that it is not about looking out for myself, or being scared.  It is about boldly proclaiming that which I know: I am free, and I am free because of a man who is God.  We are meant to share the faith with others.  

They all keep bringing up objections, which is what we ourselves do so often.  I cannot share the faith, or I am not really made free.  I am still bound to my sin, or people will think I am fool or stupid.  Christ, our liberator, reminds us that His grace is sufficient.  He is the one that provides the means to overcome those awkward situations, or when we don't know what to say.  Christ is able to overcome all our objections.  He is true, and is asking you to follow him. 

A man who is free defending his home is worth more than ten hired soldiers.  Why do you think that is?  A man who believes, who knows he fights for a cause is greater because he is motivated by his heart, by conviction, not greed.  It is similar thinking when we try to accomplish a good deed, but go about it in a sinful way.  It is when we fully believe in the task that all that it stands for that we become heroic.

No comments:

Post a Comment